September 16, 2016

Fin.

I've been blogging here for many years now – since before I had anything published; before I even started writing a book. Fragments of things I wrote here found their way into Clay; I've mined these blog posts, too, to help me remember what the natural world was doing at various times of the year. And all the time I was learning: practicing how to write.

For the last two years I've been writing a monthly Nature Notebook in The Times and a lot of the things I would once have written about here now get saved up for my column, with the result that I don't always have the same sense of wanting or needing to blog. A while back I dropped the frequency of my posts from weekly to fortnightly; now, though, I think it's time to take it off my ever-lengthening 'to do' list.

I'll still post the odd rant here occasionally, I'm sure – but it won't be such a regular thing. Not that I think anyone will miss me, but various websites still direct here, so I wanted to park something explaining where I've gone. There's nothing sadder than a mysteriously abandoned blog!

You can find me on Twitter (@m_z_harrison) or via my agent, Jenny Hewson at Rogers, Coleridge and White.

A la prochaine, nature lovers...

Mel x